There’s only one more month of fall, and we’re not ready to say goodbye. We love the color of the leaves, the crisp, cold air and of course, EVERYTHING pumpkin.
Today we want to share one of our favorite pumpkin recipes – pumpkin chocolate chip oatmeal bars from Running With Spoons. They’re soft, chewy and just pure heaven. We recommend making them at the beginning of the week, so you can just grab’em and drive to work or fuel up for your morning run.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and prepare an 8×8 baking pan by lining it with a sheet of aluminum foil, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, flax, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, almond butter, honey, sugar, and vanilla. Mix until fully combined. Pour wet mix into dry mix and stir until fully incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared baking pan. Using a greased spatula or your hands, spread the mixture evenly in the pan, pressing down firmly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until top sets and edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for about 20 minutes before cutting into bars.
Running With Spoons